Has anyone ever a difficult time organizing their meetings, leads, prospect clients, current customer issues, projects and TODOs. I know I have. I am pretty organized, but still I want and need a centralized system from where I can track everything, something that quickly gives me an overall picture. Currently I use text documents, spread sheets, gmail, google calendar and my memory to accomplish this.
I have thought about getting a CRM system or a Project Management Software to help me with my getting more organized and efficient. Just yesterday I seriously started doing a lot of research and testing things out. I was looking for a LAMP based web application that handles project management and CRM (Customer Relationship Management). Although I’m a proud owner of by business, I’m still pretty much regarded as a freelancer as opposed to an entrepreneur. I need something simple that gets the work done.
I narrowed it down to these 3:
Now I’m really confused as to which one I should use.
These are some of the things that I need.
- Ability to have customer accounts related to projects
- Add and schedule different tasks inside a project
- Time tracking for each task and summary of time spent on each project
- ability to calculate ROI (not a must but good to have)
- Keep customer related info such as project history, internal notes as to what kind of sales strategy is working with this customer, project proposals, services they are currently using from me etc…
- Keep track of work that I outsource
- Controllable access to let contractors check and update their tasks, and have clients update and check project issues and progress
Any help in deciding what I should be using is very much welcomed. Please leave a comment or contact me from my contact page. Thanks